Friday, November 12, 2010

Crafting it Up!

Lately I have had the crafting bug. I have just been staying busy doing project after project and have gotten quite a few things done lately. Having a project to do just keeps my sanity sometimes, although sometimes trying to do projects with a 6 yr old, a 3 yr old, and an 18 month old can make me pretty crazy. I just find these cute ideas and then once I get the ideas in my head I just have to do them.


This is the progress I have made on Hunter's quilt. I am just loving the way that it is working out and now I have to arrange these blocks into rows and put the quilt top togher. I am really enjoying doing this and it is the first "real" quilt that I have made by myself, so I am really learning a lot from this.



I am always looking for cute things for my girls hair and I have seen these flowers around and decided I could make them too, so I spend the afternoon making them and just love the way they look on my cute girls.


The biggest project that we have been doing has been painting the girls room. They have been in their own rooms and now we are putting them together in the same room, so we painted and got the room just the way they wanted it and they just love it. I wasn't sure I wanted to paint it pink, but I love the way it turned out and the stripes just make it so much fun. It has been quite a work in progress, but is so nice now that it is done, and now we are going to paint Hunter room, so the process just starts all over again.


Blair wasn't so happy about Hunter having to be the model for this towel, but I am going to a baby shower tomorrow and decided that I wanted to make a hooded towel. I thought that it shouldn't be too hard, and after a little trial and error I think that it turned out pretty cute. Now my girls both want one, so this is probably only the beginning of the towels for us.


And lastly this afternoon my cute sister in law Katie showed us how to make these cute flowers. They turned out to be pretty easy once you got the hang of it and now I need to put them on headbands and hairclips and they will look amazing.

So that is what we have been up to lately. We also have squeezed in a veterans day assembly, dancing class, Thanksgiving Dinner with Isabel at school, gymnastics, and a great movie night tonight. So it has been a very wonderful and productive week for us. Now onto enjoying the weekend!